Scottsdale, Ariz. (February 13, 2019) – Troon®, the world’s largest golf management company, today announced the formation of Team Troon – a collection of top international golf talent representing the Troon brand throughout professional golf. PGA TOUR golfers Justin Thomas, Gary Woodland, Patrick Cantlay and Matt Kuchar of the United States, Alex Noren of Sweden, Matthew Fitzpatrick of England and LPGA Tour/Ladies European Tour player Cheyenne Woods make up Team Troon. The Troon logo will have a presence on each golfer’s golf bag, while Woods and Fitzpatrick will carry full Troon-branded golf bags with #PlayTroon and #ExperienceTroon embroidered on the pockets. Additionally, all members of Team Troon will collaborate on select digital and social campaigns in cooperation with Troon and Troon-managed facilities.
“We are proud to launch Team Troon and excited to partner with many of the top golfers in the world,” said Dana Garmany, Chairman and CEO, Troon. “Team Troon is yet another point of differentiation between Troon and the competition. Whether it’s the unparalleled results we have at our facilities, our industry-leading social media imprint, the fantastic playing surfaces at our clubs, or our strong presence in professional golf, Troon is prepared for a strong future and, as always, at the tip of the spear.”
Team Troon members at a glance:
- Justin Thomas – The 9-time PGA TOUR winner was named the 2017 PGA TOUR Player of the Year after winning five times that season, including the 2017 PGA Championship. A University of Alabama alum, Thomas is currently ranked No. 4 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Patrick Cantlay – One of the most successful amateur golfers in history, Cantlay has one PGA TOUR victory – the 2017 Shriners Hospital for Children Open – and 15 Top 10 finishes. Cantlay is currently ranked No. 20 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Matt Kuchar – Kuchar is a 9-time winner on the PGA TOUR, including the 2019 Sony Open in Hawaii and the 2018 Mayakoba Golf Classic. Kuchar has been a member of four Ryder Cup teams and four Presidents Cup teams. Kuchar is currently ranked No. 22 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Gary Woodland – A native of Topeka, Kansas, Woodland is a three-time winner on the PGA TOUR, including the 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open. Woodland’s 2018 season included 11 Top 25 finishes in 27 events played. Woodland is currently ranked No. 24 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Alex Noren – Noren has become a consistent presence on both the European Tour and the PGA TOUR. The 36-year-old from Stockholm, Sweden has 11 international victories, including the 2018 HNA Open de France and the 2017 BMW PGA Championship. Noren is currently ranked No. 25 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Matthew Fitzpatrick – The 24-year-old from Sheffield, England already has five international victories, including a repeat win at the Omega European Masters in 2017 and 2018. Fitzpatrick is currently ranked No. 42 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Cheyenne Woods – A native of Phoenix, Ariz., Woods competes on the LPGA Tour and the Ladies European Tour, where she won the 2014 Australian Ladies Masters. In her 2019 season debut, Woods recently placed 15th at the Fatima Bint Mubarak Open at Troon-managed Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in the United Arab Emirates. She is currently ranked No. 261 on the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings.
Garmany founded Troon in 1990 with Troon North Golf Club as its flagship property. This spring, Garmany will transition to Executive Chairman with Tim Schantz, Troon’s current president, transitioning to CEO. Under Garmany’s leadership, Troon has become the world’s largest golf management company providing services at more than 360 locations around the globe, including 280 golf courses at 246 facilities. Throughout its 28-year history, Troon has earned a reputation for delivering pristine golf course conditions, personalized member services, outstanding food & beverage experiences and world-class retail offerings.
In addition to its headquarters in Scottsdale, Troon has offices in Irvine, California; Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Birmingham, Alabama; Jacksonville, Florida; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Austin, Texas. Troon employs over 15,000 highly-skilled and dedicated individuals worldwide in every operational area from golf course maintenance to food & beverage, and management. Troon is also the largest employer of PGA professionals in the world.
Troon-managed or affiliated facilities host 17 professional golf events across 9 professional tours around the world. Including high-level amateur events and qualifying tournaments, Troon-managed facilities host more than 30 elite events.