- Birthday: February 23, 1967
- Turned Pro: 1990
- College: University of Illinois
- Birthplace: Edgerton, Wisconsin
- Residence: Madison, Wisconsin
- No. of PGA TOUR wins: Twelve (12)
- Ryder Cup Appearances: Three (3) (’08, ’10, ’12)
- Presidents Cup Appearances: Five (5) (’96, ’07, ’09, ’11, ’13)
- Earnings: $42,363,189 (9th all time)
- 2016: Season highlighted by qualifying for the FedExCup Playoffs for the ninth time in 10 seasons and being named (on April 12) the U.S. Presidents Cup captain to be contested at Liberty National in 2017
Did you know?
- 2013 Byron Nelson Award Winner
- Became the 15th recipient of the Payne Stewart Award when he won the honor in 2012. The Payne Stewart Award is presented annually to a player sharing Stewart’s respect for the traditions of the game, his commitment to uphold the game’s heritage of charitable support and his professional and meticulous presentation of himself and the sport through his dress and conduct.
- In 2013 started a charitable foundation with American Family Insurance focusing on nutrition and wellness to help promote strong families and healthy kids. During the year, announced he would host the American Family Insurance Championship on the PGA TOUR Champions in Madison, Wisc. which debuted in 2016.
- Twitter: @SteveStricker