The Race to the CME Globe is a season-long points competition in which LPGA Members accumulate points in every Official LPGA Tournament. At the end of the season, the winning player with the highest amount of points will be named the “Race to the CME Globe Champion” and take home $1 million – the largest payout on the LPGA Tour.
The LPGA’s 2017 Race to the CME Globe competition began with the Pure Silk-Bahamas Classic in Paradise Island, Bahamas and continues through the Blue Bay LPGA in China. The Race will conclude with the CME Group Tour Championship November 13-19, 2017 at Tiburón Golf Club at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples.
CME Group Tour Championship Eligibility
The CME Group Tour Championship field will be determined as follows:
- 72 LPGA Members (plus ties) on the Race to the CME Globe Points Standings, ranked in the order of their position on the standings at the conclusion of the Blue Bay LPGA
- LPGA Members, not otherwise qualified, who win at least one Official LPGA Tournament during the season
- Non-members who win at least one Official LPGA Tournament during the season
CME Group Tour Championship Reset
Following the Blue Bay LPGA, LPGA Members who meet the entry criteria for the CME Group Tour Championship will be seeded based on their position on the race to the CME Globe Points Standings. Points for each member will then be resent for the CME Group Tour Championship. The reset will ensure that the race will be won at the season-ending tournament. The reset points for the Race to the CME Globe have been modified slightly for 2017. As a result of these modifications:
- The top five finishers entering Naples will control their own destiny at the CME Group Tour Championship
- If a player in the top five wines in Naples, she will also win the $1M CME Globe
- The top 12 finishers entering Naples will have a mathematical chance to win
For more information on the Race to the CME Globe or to see a complete list of LPGA Tour players qualified for the 2017 CME Group Tour Championship, please visit www.CMEGroupTourChampionship.com.